When did you graduate teacher training?
Why do you like it hot?
Because I have to make up for a bone chilling childhood in England!
Do you remember your first class?
Yep! No one told me about the heat, and I wore a turtle neck and sweat pants. Whoops!
Why did you become a yoga teacher?
I didn’t realize i was going to be, and all of a sudden I was! I was hugely influenced, and inspired by my first teacher Helena Springer. She just seemed so happy with her work in the world.
Any tips for new students?
Bring a date! It’s a make it, or break it situation!
Hey baby, what’s your sign?
What do you want to be when you grow up?
Hummmm? What, or who? Full range from Debbie Harry to a nurse, but mostly Debbie Harry.
Beatles or Elvis?
What was your first concert?
The Police in the summer of 1979-ish. My Dad did some fast talking at the gate, and smuggling in the whole family!
Have you ever fasted?
Many times. Not talking for ten days was way harder than not eating for ten days….but then I do tend to blabber on a wee bit ;-)
How long did it take you to learn to lock your knee?
Probably a year or two.
What’s your guilty pleasure?
Wine, Chocolate, Facebook, Bed……..all together. Almond croissant and coffee at Liberty Bakery in Bernal Heights……..blissness!
If you were an appliance what would you be?
One of those hand blender thingy’s …….turns hard things to mush in a second!
Have you ever been to Burning Man?
Three times. I really want to just live there all the time. I know the Mayor!
What’s the first music you ever bought?
“Some Girls” by a rock a billy band in England called Racey! Some girls do ah ah ah, some girls don’t ah ah ah ah. Some girls need a lotta loving, and ah some girls don’t ba da da da da……..45 pence. Got it with my allowance. Cringyingly poor in retrospect!
Besides yoga, what do you like to do for fun?
Hanging with my peeps, hiking, going to see live music, cooking yumminess with friends!
Describe your first kiss.
Bad, bad, bad! Full on retainer collision with THE HOTTEST boy at school……ouch…..We were in his car port in the rain. I think I was about 12. We decided to just be friends quite quickly XXX
Describe your ideal yoga shorts.
What’s the funniest thing you’ve ever done in class?
Farting is always a gas! Ha!
What do you want to gain from your yoga practice?
Why do you love SF?
The peeps just rock in a seriously awesome way. It’s beautiful. There is something to get involved with that could actually make a difference in the world ALL the time.
Why do you love the Mission?
You can stand on Mission Street and people watch all day long. So much diversity, activity, vibrancy. Life is actually happening here.
- Color: Blue
- Animal: Dog, or Giraffe depending on if it’s for the house. Elephant are way cool to, but they eat each others poo……yick…..didn’t know that ’till I went to the Oakland Zoo last week. If you just watch their trunks for ages…..weird!….totally alien, prehistoric weirdness!
- Yoga Pose: Trikonasana….honestly!
- Neighborhood: Bernal Height ROCKS!!!!!
- Restaurants:Moki’s in Bernal. Burma Super Star. My kitchen at my house.
- Bread: Rye
- Bikram quote: Have a shitty day!
- Books: Making the God’s Work for You. By Caroline Casey
- Movies: Goodfella’s ( I have gangster infatuation) Almost Famous ( I have rockstar infatuation) American Beauty ( I have suburbia infatuation)
- Lucky Number: 4
- Least favorite pose: Salabasana, seriously…. WTF?